submit a POSTDEADLINE paper
Writing your paper
Post-deadline papers give conference attendees the opportunity to hear new and significant research in rapidly advancing areas at the earliest possible opportunity. The post-deadline session highlights only those papers judged to be truly excellent and compelling in their timeliness.
Download the paper template (Word)
Download the paper template (Word 1997-2003)
Download the paper template (Latex)
- All post-deadline paper presentations will be oral
- Full papers are required for postdeadline papers submissions. Papers must be submitted using the template form provided. Please ensure you read this document carefully and all text / diagrams fit within the template.
Should you not follow these guidelines, the Technical Programme Committee can decide to reject your paper. In particular, we would like to draw your attention to a change that has taken place this year: we insist that you include the full titles in the list of references.
- The working language of the conference is English, which will be used for all printed material, presentations and discussion
- Your prepared paper file of no more than 3 pages, using the paper template form, must be provided in pdf format and IEEE Xplore compatible PDF paper. The use of IEEE PDF eXpress for the PDF conversion is highly recommended.
- When submitting your work, you can select a topic for your paper, or leave the choice to the Technical Programme Chairs. The seven topics correspond to the seven Technical Programme Subcommittees of ECOC 2014, where your paper will be sent for peer review. The TPC chairs own the right to reallocate your paper to different topic if they find it more appropriate.
IEEE PDF eXpress Instructions
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to convert your paper into an IEEE Xplore compatible PDF paper.
- Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress TM site
First-time users should create a PDF eXpress account:
- Create an account
- Enter the following code: 33294X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
An online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Submitting your paper
- Access online submission system
- Log-in using your username and password
- Click on the link ‘Click here to submit a new submission”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete all fields in the three steps process
- After completing step 3 of 3 you will be directed to a summary screen and sent a confirmation email containing your submission reference number which will need to be used in any correspondence with the organisers.
- If you are submitting more than one paper you can use the same email address and password for each paper
- Do not forget to return your copyright form by e-mail to complete your submission: copyrights information
Papers must be submitted by Monday 8 September at 23:59, CEST (time of Cannes), if they are to be considered for the conference.
PROCESSING AND PUBLICATION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal information we receive from delegates will also be required after the congress. Mostly for statistical purposes and future improvments. Personal data will also, in certain cases, be released to other partners participating in the congress for the distribution of information and offers directly from them.
Detailed information can be found here
Detailed information can be found here
IMPORTANT DATES FOR AUTHORS:
Deadline for postdeadline papers submission
Monday 8 September, 2014 at 23:59 CEST (time of Cannes)
Monday 22 September, 2014: Author notification of acceptance/reject
ECOC 2014 CONFERENCE
21 - 25 September 2014
ECOC 2014 EXHIBITION
22 - 24 September 2014
ADVA OPTICAL NETWORKING
PRYSMIAN GROUP - DRAKA
THALES ALENIA SPACE
CNOP - COMITE NATIONALE D'OPTIQUE ET DE PHOTONIQUE
IEEE PHOTONICS SOCIETY
OPTITEC - POLE PHOTONIQUE & IMAGERIE
SEE - SOCIETE DE L'ELECTRONIQUE DE L'ELECTRICITE ET DES TECHNOLOGIES DE L'INFORMATION
SFO - SOCIETE FRANCAISE D'OPTIQUE
UNIVERSITE DE NICE SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS